About this Website
The NanoTOES project website presents two special features: the NanoTOES News & Blog, and Nanosafety News Feed.
The NanoTOES News & Blog is blog where all NanoTOES members can post and comment. The blog, as the rest of the main website, has been developed in WordPress. If you are already a member, you can login at http://www.nanotoes.eu/wp-admin/ to post an new blog entry. To make comments, just go directly to the post of your interest: at the bottom you will see the space for commenting – and if you are not logged-in, it will take you to log-in page. Please note:
- New blog entries are very welcome! But take note that your post will need the approval from the Coordinator. You can directly submit a post and wait for the Coordinator’s approval, or discuss with him previously and send the approved version of your post to the website staff (see contact info below).
- Comments to blog entries will be published directly, no approval is required.
- Posts and/or comments cannot be edited after posting. So prepare you text carefully before pressing the “Publish” or “Post” button! In the extreme case you must modify what you posted, contact the web staff.
- If you are not a member already, or you have any problems logging-in, please contact the web staff.
- New blog entries will be twitted, via the NanoTOES twitter, to all its followers.
The Nanosafety News Feed is a news room specially designed for the NanoTOES website, collecting news in relation to nanosafety that should be of interest for the fellows and the project participants. It is the result of a customized filter feeding the following sources (via Twitter):
- International Council on Nanotechnology (ICON), Rice University – News Digest & Items of Interest: http://icon.rice.edu/
- NanoWiki: http://www.nanowiki.info/
- SAFENANO Newsroom: http://www.safenano.org/KnowledgeBase/CurrentAwareness/News.aspx
- NanoSafety Cluster: http://www.nanosafetycluster.eu/news.html
- QualityNano Research Infrastructure Project: http://www.qnano-ri.eu/home/news.html
- News from the UCD Centre for BioNano Interactions (CBNI): http://www.ucd.ie/cbni/newsevents/cbni-in-the-news/
- NANOfutures Platform: http://www.nanofutures.eu/
Discussion forum and Document repository
The website also hosts a Discussion Forum (developed in VanillaForums), and a Document repository (developed in Mediawiki) which holds presentations, templates, related photos and videos and other internal documents of the project. These two tools are only for private use of the NanoTOES project members. You can find the links in the “Private Area” section of the homepage, as well as some accompanying general instructions.
Web Page Contact:
Prof. Dr. Víctor F. Puntes
Inorganic Nanoparticles Group
Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology (ICN)
Campus UAB – Edifici Q (ETSE)
E-08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona), Spain
Email for web issues only: moc.liamg@seotonan
Phone: (+34) 93-586-8013